For those interested in project management stuff, like issue tracking, team collaboration and other team planning resources, there is a free Eclipse plugin called Tracker, which is intended ( I didn’t have time to test it yet 🙂 ) to manage team development stuff inside Eclipse IDE. It provides, among other things (which I think are the best ones):
- Issue tracking and planning for Requirements, Tasks, Change Requests, etc. (called “Work ITems”)
- Linking of Work Items with other artifacts in the Eclipse workspace
- Search Work Items using the standard Eclipse search facility
- History of Work Items
- Comparison of different historical revisions of any Work Item
- XML data shared via Subversion – no complicated database setup, no administration headaches
If you ever tried this plugin, post your feelings and comments here.